3.22.2006

i've been away a couple of days

sorry, faithful readewrs... it's been hectic at work, and since that is my main blogging locale, i've been remiss for a few days.

Let me recap the commute week -

Monday - not bad, pretty busy on the train in the morning and had to do the "sit next to the person I don't want to" for the whole trip. Oh well, at least I got to sit. Going home, no issues.1

Yesterday - Commute in, I left the house 15 minutes early so I'd have time to swing by Walgreen's. I needed a couple of things, and then I had passes to see a movie last night and I wanted to get snacks before O got there (one of those first come first serves screenings - they're usually at 8, but this one was at 7, so I didn't want to DALLY after work, you know?)We sat in between Addison & Belmont for about 13 minutes, so there went my extra time. dammit.
So, to the theatre and going home from the theatre I took the bus. My main irritation with the bus (and I have MANY) is the multiple ringers.
Let me 'splain.
You're approaching your stop, and in preparation for this you pull the signal ringer. It makes the distinctive "ding" to alert EVERYONE ON THE BUS that someone else is getting off, so if you need to get off too, there's no need to pull the chain. However, for pretty much EVERY STOP, once someone pulled the chain, and it went "ding", there's was an average of 3 more FRANTIC pulls on the cord
"I didn't hear the ring - why didn't I hear the ring?"
And these are people with no headphones on, not talking on their cellphone, they are simply OBLIVIOUS to whats going on around them. If they were driving, for crying out loud, would they not hear people BEEPING at them?
retards.

Today - I spent 10 out of my 13 stops listening to REALLY LOUD U2 music. 10 minutes of which was some extended-club mix of "even Better than the Real Thing", which was then promptly followed by my ceremonial one millionth listen of "Vertigo"
Hurrah! sing it with me! "Uno, DOs, Tres, Catorce..."
Actually, don't sing it with me... I want it gone from my head.
She got off at North/Clybourn...we pull out of the station and after about 30 seconds slow to a complete stop and hear the dreaded "disabled train ahead - we'll be holding until the train clears"
happy Wednesday.

Thank God there's a new episode of LOST on tonight, or I may kill myself.

No comments: