So, my friend Michael sent me an email "tagging" me to do a blogger meme, and in the process also insulted my lack of posting. (my last post was in April - and man was I pissed at Jesse Jackson back then!!)
"Bloggers must post these rules and provide eight random facts about themselves. In the post, the tagged blogger tags eight other bloggers and notifies them that they've been tagged. "
Well, I can post the 8 random facts, but I cannot tag others, since I only read a few blogs, and 2 of them have already done this (Don & Michael), and the others don’t even KNOW ME! (and I'm sure Wil Wheaton and Margaret Cho are too busy to fill out a blogger meme)
so here goes...
1. I’m afraid of birds.
All my life, as long as I can remember, I’ve always felt trepidation as soon as a pigeon or a lark or whatever takes flight anywhere near me. It’s pretty humorous to see – I usually duck down, or I’ll jump in fright. If a bird is sitting in the middle of the sidewalk, I’ll either stop or walk around it, or I’ll stomp the ground to startle them and make them fly away. Now, a few years back, I brought it up to my mom that I had, what I thought, was a completely irrational fear. Then she tells me this story about when I was a toddler, we were in the park and a bird landed on my head and pecked at the top of my head – completely freaking me out…..so, not so irrational I guess.
2. I consider myself a movie buff, and yet I have never seen any of the Godfather movies. Shame on me.
3. I don’t have a driver’s license. I just never got one.
4. Sara and I have been together now for 5 years, 8 months and 29 days. Her smile alone makes me blush and I still get all giggly. I’m a dork, I know.
5. I am only 5’4”, but my ID for the longest time said 5’6”. Yes there’s a Story….
Well, for ages, I would just “round up” and say that I was 5’5”, because essentially I’m 5’4” and some centimeters. But, somewhere along the line, I started saying I was 5’5 ½”…why? I have NO idea…. So flash forward to getting my Mass. State ID (so I could drink), and when I filled out the form, I put down my lie, 5’ 5 ½”. Well, they don’t put ½ sizes on licenses or ID, the DMV rounds up too. So, my state ID (for about 8 years) said I was 5’6”
6. In grade school my nickname was actually “Tits” for awhile. I don’t honestly think it needs explaining. (unless you’ve never meet me face to face)
7. While I haven’t done a lot of traveling overall, when I was 7, my Mom and I went to Finland and stayed for a month. My stepfather was from there, so we stayed with family, etc etc. Weird, huh? I haven’t been to Florida or California but I’ve been to FINLAND. (side story – because my stepfather was from Finland, my mom went through this phase where she wanted to learn the language, so she’d have little poster boards in the kitchen with the Finnish & English words for things, etc. She went so far as to get the entire translation for the “Itsey-Bitsey Spider” song, and since I was so young I would sing it in Finnish all the time – I actually can STILL remember the song, and if prompted would GLADLY sing it for you. I promise J )
8. I love Boston (my hometown) so much that when I see movies that have been filmed there and the scenery is really beautifully shot, it makes me cry. When I am particularly homesick, I watch Good Will Hunting. It's not just the scenery in that case - the speech patterns and the accents. I don't care how many times other people THINK they're doing a Boston accent, unless you actually USE people from Boston, it doesn't sound right. (and as a side note, don't say "pahk yah cah in hahvahd yahd" in front of me unless you want to see me get violent)