11.05.2007

stupid is as stupid does

Back on Oct. 31st, The Trib posted a 4 page article called Theatre 101 (article is here: http://www.chicagotribune.com/entertainment/chi-1102_c_theater101nov02,1,7510413.story?page=1)


I understand the intent was to be funny and informative - and they succeded at both....occasionally. A majority of the tone was very condescending, though. Seriously, telling people when they're supposed to clap? (the part that offended me was the rebuke to house managers - I got a little huffy in the comment I left... what can I say, I get emotional)

The best comment left was from Marcus, who wrote:

"Hm, I'm trying to think if the NYT would run an article like this in their
Arts section...... Nope. I don't believe they would. Unlike the Tribune's
editors, the editors of the Times probably recognize that their readers are
smart enough to figure out how to go to a play all on their own.


You gonna print an article telling us not to be scared of the Art Institute
next week?
"

hilarious.

No comments: