1.08.2008

trip

So in a couple of weeks, Sara and I are headed west (California, to be exact). And i'm STOKED. I've never been to California, and neither has Sara, so we're dying to get there and check out the beaches and parks and the sites -- we jazzed, defintely.

I'm bummed about ONE TINY THING, though.
We'll be out of town 2/2 - 2/7, which means we won't be able to vote in the Primary election.
It may seem small and insignificant to some, but not to me.

I had plenty of issues with the last election in 04, but my biggest complaint was my CHOICE. John Kerry just wasn't my top choice for the Dems - BUT, since I didn't push a candidate during the primaries, I couln't really complain.

This time I don't want to be faced with that - I would rather go to the polls in November knowing that I did everything in my power to get who I felt was the best person for the job into that office. And now I can't do that.
nuts.

No comments: