4.14.2008

It's the most won-der-ful time of the year...

It's the time of year that makes me feel like my brother and I *are* related...

We may have very little common- but we can ALWAYS talk about baseball.

There's a line from "Field of Dreams" that says it best for me. Yeah, yeah, the movie's cheesy...but the entire thing was all about a guy having a second chance to "have a catch" with his dad.

James Earl Jones' character says: "The one constant through all the years, Ray, has been baseball. America has rolled by like an army of steamrollers. It has been erased like a blackboard, rebuilt and erased again. But baseball has marked the time."

Baseball has marked the time.

It sure has.

I could tell a story or two about the meaning that baseball has in my life - but I won't. :)
Just know that it means a lot.

Tonight?
Sox win, 6-4.
fuckin-a!

No comments: