5.21.2008

I'm an eternal pessimist

Well, not in my regular life....just in my sports life.

You see, dear readers, I'm from Boston. Being a sports fan has always been....an experience.
Other than the great run the Celtics had while Larry Bird was in residence, things have been pretty dismal. Not ALWAYS dismal, but the status quo was always "do good for awhile and then dissapoint them in the end". In my lifetime alone I've watched the Patriots get stuffed by the Bears at the Super Bowl in '85, the ball go through Buckner's legs in '86.... you see where I'm going....

So, since I'm so used to it SUCKING, it is a strange feeling when things have been going so.... WELL... as of late.

The typical Boston sports thing is to have something as BEAUTIFUL as the Patriots going undefeated last season, and then losing in one of the biggest Super Bowl upsets in years.

So basically I'm just waiting for the other shoe to drop right now.
I'll let you know if it does. :)

No comments: